Friday, March 19, 2010

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?! Mega Post of Sights and Sounds of Providence, Day 1


The March is exhausted. We will cover our day and thoughts on the games we saw and throughout the country in the morning. But seriously, are you kidding me??! Just an obscenely great day of tournament basketball. For now we'll leave you with the Sights and Sounds (with minor descriptions) of Thursday in Providence. Pictures from the Robert Morris THRILLER (the last pic from that game is of them walking off the court to a full stadium standing ovation, little blurry, shoulda been a video) and a couple from the Georgetown game were posted live from the action in 4 earlier posts (1, 2, 3, 4). More live posting Saturday we promise. Good night!

He was today, and his name was Omar Samhan.


I get identifying with the significant number Australian players on your team, but the Gaels fans take it to the next level....


This fan was the leader of a suprisingly numerous and vocal group for a California team. Well done I say. Video gives a taste.



Not so well done? The Gaels ridiculous mascot, who is currently bringing nightmares to the 3rd generation of unborn children of anyone who has seen him. I caught him prancing in a way that belied his bizarre physique. But he was afraid to throw down with the Richmond Spider. Compared to Maximus, pictured at the top? WEAKSAUCE in every respect. I booed.



The March has made a solemn vow to get Lundquist and Raftery to acknowledge our presence this weekend. For such a job, you need....ONIONS!

For St. Mary's, it's gotta be the shoes....I think if I comment further I might be breaking a law.

Pretty much. Next game?

We in no way investigated this Brazilian flag as promised. One more crack at it Friday.

Monroe shoots a free throw as we sit in the Georgetown section.

That's pretty much how the game went for the Hoyas. I had to take that picture. I amuse me. Here's video of the final moments, including Greg Monroe fouling out and Ohio celebrations. Good stuff, sorry it's shaky!



UT-SDSU. I became an Aztec tonight....FROM COURTSIDE SEATS BABY!

Oh, you didn't think I'd leave these guys without video documentation, did you? Enjoy!



DJ Gay brings the ball up late in the second half. But it wasn't enough, lots of missed opportunities for Robert Morris and San Diego State to pull upsets. Tough for them. Shankar and I stood at the SDSU tunnel and congratulated the team as they went to the locker room. They played great. Awesome day!!!




2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures and video. Verne and Raff were in top form during the broadcast yesterday as well.

    Why do you guys think the Big East played so poorly yesterday? Is it just a coincidence that three Big East teams lost to double-digit seeds (and one was taken to OT), or is the Big East really overrated? Or did they all just beat themselves up during the regular season, causing unforeseen fatigue during the Tournament?

    Very puzzling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Big East is overrated. I didn't watch much basketball this year, but I was generally unimpressed when I did and perplexed as to how all these teams were so highly rated. That said, it's just not a top-heavy year. The good teams aren't that good, Big East or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete